SEM Specimen Preparation
PECS II System
Broad argon ion beam system designed to polish and coat samples for SEM imaging and analytical techniques.
Fully automated argon ion polishing system suitable for preparation of SEM samples to prepare damage free surfaces, cross sections and deposit coatings to protect or eliminate charging.
- Polish, etch or coat samples with a single pump down
- Etch at voltages as low as 100 V for rapid and damage free preparation of sample surfaces
- Permit samples as large as 32 mm in diameter
- Transfer samples from the PECS™ II instrument to a SEM/FIB or glovebox without exposure to air (optional)
- Store and analyze image in DigitalMicrograph® software from Gatan for digital optical imaging
- Display and control all PECS II parameters using integrated 10-inch color touch screen
Ilion II System
Ideal for low energy surface preparation for your SEM cross section viewing.
- Vacuum load-lock and liquid nitrogen cold stage to provide rapid workflows on beam sensitive samples
- Real-time observation of the polishing process including an optical microscope with digital imaging; images can be stored and analyzed with DigitalMicrograph® software from Gatan
- Repeatable results from recipes and operation of the Ilion™ II via a 10" color touch screen interface
- Damage-free surfaces for analytical techniques, such as cathodoluminescence and EBSD, where the signal is generated near the surface
Do you want to know more about SEM Specimen Preparation?
Please complete the form with your question/s and we will get back to you.